Add to Watchlist
Adjusted Compound Reward
Edgeware uses a version of proof-of-stake called Nominated Proof-of-Stake, and stakers are split into two types:
Validators: Node operators who secure the network and are backed by nominators and their own stake.
Nominators: EDG holders who delegate/nominate their EDG to a validator and share in the benefits.
See more details about these roles: Intro to Roles in NPoS
Staking and Consensus Parameters
Reaping Threshold: The amount that an account must maintain in order to avoid deletion.
- Runtime version: 28
- Blocktime: 6 seconds
- Session: 60 minutes (600 blocks)
- Era: 6 hours (6 sessions per era)
- Validators at launch: 10
- Validator slots at launch: 60
- Bonding duration: 14 days
- Slashes deferred duration: 7 days
- Cancellation of slashes: 3/4 of council required - need to revisit this
Read more: Advanced Staking Guide
Mainnet launch on 02/17/20, by Commonwealth Labs, based in the United States, Edgeware aims to provide a smart contract platform designated the first on Polkadot Network.