Add to Watchlist
Adjusted Compound Reward
How To Stake LPT
There are two options for earning passive income for holders of the token LPT. The first is to run a Infrastructure Node. The second delegation of tokens to a Node. Running a Infrastructure Node requires professional skills and special knowledge. For the average user, the best option is token delegation. Delegation is non-custodial, delegates cannot spend your LPT, and your stake is not at risk.
How to delegate Livepeer (LPT)
- Everyone token holder can delegate his tokens to a transcoding node of his choice.
- This is a simple ethereum transaction which grants the staking rights to the node.
- Transcoding Nodes share a certain percentage of the rewards with their voters.
- The delegation can be done directly from the Livepeer Explorer with Web3.0 plug-in.
How to stake Livepeer
- To stake Livepeer directly it is required to run a server, which processes videos transmitted over the network.
- The server than acts as a transcoding node and receives the inflationary rewards and fees paid by broadcasters.
- The nodes with the most votes from token holders keep the rights for transcoding.
- Currently there can only be a maximum of 15 active transcoding nodes.
- Rewards are paid in proportion to the number of votes.
Open Source Video Infrastructure Services, Built On The Ethereum Blockchain. For video engineers who need affordable, reliable video encoding, Livepeer leverages decentralization to enable use cases and business models that were never possible via proprietary, centralized cost structures. Livepeer is creating a scalable Platform as a Service for developers who want to add live or on-demand video to their project. We aim to increase reliability of video workflows while reducing the costs to scale them. To achieve this we are building p2p infrastructure that interacts through a marketplace secured by the Ethereum blockchain.