Add to Watchlist
Added to Watchlist
Adjusted Compound Reward
How To Stake LPT
There are two options for earning passive income for holders of the token LPT. The first is to run a Infrastructure Node. The second delegation of tokens to a Node. Running a Infrastructure Node requires professional skills and special knowledge. For the average user, the best option is token delegation. Delegation is non-custodial, delegates cannot spend your LPT, and your stake is not at risk.
How to delegate Livepeer (LPT)
- Everyone token holder can delegate his tokens to a transcoding node of his choice.
- This is a simple ethereum transaction which grants the staking rights to the node.
- Transcoding Nodes share a certain percentage of the rewards with their voters.
- The delegation can be done directly from the Livepeer Explorer with Web3.0 plug-in.
How to stake Livepeer
- To stake Livepeer directly it is required to run a server, which processes videos transmitted over the network.
- The server than acts as a transcoding node and receives the inflationary rewards and fees paid by broadcasters.
- The nodes with the most votes from token holders keep the rights for transcoding.
- Currently there can only be a maximum of 15 active transcoding nodes.
- Rewards are paid in proportion to the number of votes.
Livepeer is a decentralized video transcoding network built on the Ethereum blockchain technology.