ZetaChain x DoraHacks Omnichain Hackathon
Add to Watchlist
Added to Watchlist
up to $15,000
Normal, Low Risks
ZetaChain is joining up with premier global hackathon organizer DoraHacks to host an Omnichain Hackathon from May 15th to June 30th. The $30,000 prize pool (with individual projects eligible to win up to $15,000 in total prizes) aims to incentivize experimentation and new omnichain dApps on ZetaChain’s testnet.
The Omnichain Prizes
As the first and only public EVM-compatible L1 blockchain that connects all other blockchains, ZetaChain empowers developers to build cross-chain dApps that can access and manage assets and data on any chain, from one place. Developers are encouraged to build novel, creative dApps to compete across the following prize categories:
- Top DeFi Project
- Top Crypto UX Project
- Top NFTs Project
- Top DAOs Project (Decentralized Autonomous Organizations)
- Top Identity, Social, and Wallets Project
- Top Games and GameFi Project
Projects will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Technology: Use of ZetaChain-specific APIs/utility. You must build using either ZetaChain’s novel, Omnichain Smart Contracts on ZetaEVM / ZRC-20 token standard, and/or Cross-Chain Messaging for seamless communication between different chains.
- Potential Impact: How big is the need or market for this? How would this be a sustainable application or business?
- Creativity/Novelty: Has this been done before? What innovation does this introduce to the crypto ecosystem? Why is now the right time for this?
- Technical Expertise/Complexity: Does this introduce a new mechanism or technology? Why has this not been created already?
Where Should I Start?
Looking for more specific guidance? Builders can leverage ZetaChain’s unique cross-chain capabilities to develop and experiment with the following ideas. See the Omnichain Hackathon Tracks page for more details:
- Follow ZetaDocs tutorials to get setup for development
- Start collaborating with other omnichain builders and get support from our technical team in the 🤖⼁dev-general Discord channel
- The live kickoff workshops led by ZetaChain’s Head of Developer Experience Denis Fadeev starts on May 15th, livestreamed on YouTube and Binance Live
- Build something special and submit to the hackathon page here before June 30th
DoraHacks is a renowned global hackathon organizer and one of the most dynamic multi-chain Web3 developer platforms worldwide. With a global vision, DoraHacks creates a thriving hacker community and equips developers worldwide with crypto-native toolkits to collaborate, and fund their ideas and BUIDLs through hackathons, bounties, grants, grant DAOs, and public good staking. The DoraHacks community has supported more than 4,000 projects with over $30 million in grants and other contributions from supporters worldwide.
ZetaChain is the world’s first and only decentralized EVM-compatible L1 blockchain with built-in cross-chain interoperability, connecting all blockchains, even non-smart contract chains like Bitcoin and Dogecoin. With ZetaChain’s complete Omnichain toolkit, developers can build true omnichain dApps from a single point of logic, and users can access all of their assets, data, and liquidity in a single place, securely.
ZetaChain’s first, online Omnichain Hackathon kicks off on May 15th. Access the landing page here and starting building the next generation of Omnichain dApps.
15 May 2023 06:00(UTC+3) - 7 Jul 2023 06:00(UTC+3)