Solana Season Hackathon
Add to Watchlist
equal in SOL, RAY
equal in SOL, RAY
Normal, Low Risks
Solana is a fast, low-fee, and censorship-resistant blockchain designed to enable builders to quickly deploy and scale applications to billions of users globally. The Solana Foundation is excited to host its 3rd virtual hackathon focused on allowing developers to experiment and leverage the Solana blockchain to create a plethora of projects spanning DeFi (Decentralized Finance), NFTs, and Web3.
As long as you have an Internet connection, you're invited to join the global hackathon. In addition, if you are located in China, Eastern Europe (CIS region), India, or Brazil, you're eligible for regional prizes (see prize tracks below). While participants are encouraged to build novel crypto apps, hackers can build infrastructure or any tool they believe will have an impact on the Solana ecosystem. The only requirement is that teams must incorporate Solana into their project in some way. Take a look at this list of hackathon project ideas.
Throughout the registration period and hackathon, there will be live-streamed presentations, workshops, and panels on a variety of crypto-related topics. See the full schedule here, and make sure to join a few sessions on Twitch.
Get Started Building
- Solana Docs - Home
- Solana Docs - Programming Model
- Solana Program Library Docs
- Wormhole Documentation: Ethereum/Solana bi-directional bridge
Examples and Reference Implementations
- Hello World Example
- Serum DEX Example
- Automated Market Maker + Swap Reference Implementation
- Borrow/Lend Reference Implementation
- Margin Reference Implementation
- Chainlink/Solana Oracle Implementation
Project Serum Resources
Engage with the Community
Regional Tracks & Events
Participants may submit a maximum of 1 project by the hackathon deadline. Once all submissions are collected, Solana will distribute a list to the judges for the evaluation process. Teams and individuals are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Potential impact
- Design + UX
After judges complete individual evaluations, the hackathon organizers will discuss with the judges to choose the winners based on the project's weighted scores. Winners of the event will be announced shortly after the end of the hackathon.
There are 3 global prize tracks: DeFi, NFTs, and Web3. There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner in each of those categories. In addition, there are sponsored prizes by supporting projects including Serum, Kin, Raydium, and Pyth for teams that best integrate with their respective technologies. And finally, as mentioned above, there are regional prize pools for teams submitting from China, Eastern Europe, India, and Brazil.
Discord Discussion Channels
- Hackathon-announcements: Announcements from the hackathon organizers
- Hackathon-questions: Technical support and help from Solana engineers
- Hackathon-team-formation: Introduce yourself, find a team, or seek additional team members
Code of Conduct
The Solana Season Hackathon welcomes any one from around the world to participate and is intended to create an inclusive environment for building, collaboration, creativity, and impact. Team values the participation of each member of the community and want everyone involved to be respected. Accordingly, hackathon administrators, judges, and participants are expected to adhere to the Code of Conduct outlined below for the duration of the hackathon. Event organizers will enforce this code and have the right to disqualify any individual or team that breaks the code.
- Be Respectful: Be kind to all who participate in the event. Do not insult or put down other attendees.
- Behave Professionally. Remember that harassment, racism, sexism, or exclusionary jokes are not appropriate for this event. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, and/or religion. Sexual images in public forums, deliberate intimidation, online stalking, following, sustained disruption of virtual presentations, or any other inappropriate action is strictly prohibited
- Be Thoughtful: In the spirit of open source and inclusiveness, there may be minors participating in the hackathon. Keep this in mind when communicating or speaking in public forums.
- Be Open: Team welcome attendees from all backgrounds. This event is about increasing awareness for Solana and the greater crypto space. Please be welcoming to all who register for the event and help them create a friendly environment for all.
- Believe in Yourself: Crypto opens the door for anyone to permissionlessly build applications that will change how they all interact with finance, gaming, and the Internet as a whole. Dream big and use this powerful technology to create a better world.
The Solana Season Hackathon is a competition where projects will be evaluated by judges on their technological merits without consideration of legal viability. Participants in the Hackathon will create software solely for purposes of evaluation by judges as part of a competition and not for commercial deployment or release as part of the Hackathon.
15 May 2021 12:00(UTC+3) - 7 Jun 2021 12:00(UTC+3)