The Sandbox Creator Fund Program
Add to Watchlist
Added to Watchlist
$10 - 1,000
Normal, Low Risks
How to participate
- Fill the Application Form
- Read our Voxel Art Style Guidelines
- Read the Glossary
- Use VoxEdit, our propietary voxel editor, to create and export the 3D models
- Agree to The Sandbox Creator Fund Artist Terms and Conditions
- Read details below
- Free prime exposure for your creations in The Sandbox, one of the most anticipated online PC games of 2019
- Create, share and sell your voxel creations to game developers and players
- Keep full ownership and copyright of your creations
- Maintain creative freedom with art direction under your own control
- Learn how to create and sell NFTs on the Ethereum blockchain
- Be part of their creator community building a new gaming future
The Sandbox's Creators Fund is an initiative supporting all talents without any distinction of age, gender or country of origin.
What they are looking for in you
- Creators who can produce both static and animated voxel ASSETS
- Creators who can produce ASSETS that engage players in an interactive, game-oriented environment
- Creators who exhibit artistic imagination throughout their work
- Creators who thrive on an authentic working partnership with the players and developers who will buy and use their ASSETS
- Creators who can assess not only the visual attraction of their ASSETS but their suitability for players and developers
You retain all rights and ownership of your content. They do not claim any ownership rights to your content.
When you upload content to The Sandbox Marketplace, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-incansable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, publicly display, distribute and adapt (so as to better showcase your content, for example), publicly perform, and translate the content as needed in response to user drive actions.
In-game marketplace exposure
Receive prime exposure for free and a duration of 6 months, in the “Highlights” section of The Sandbox's Marketplace
Selection and review criteria
The judges consist of The Sandbox Community Team. Here is what they will be reviewing:
Each asset shall be submitted to The Sandbox with the following attributes:
- VOX/OBJ model file
- PNG preview thumbnail
- True Ownership
- Decentralized Marketplace
What will I be required to submit with my application form?
You will need to provide basic information on your identity and link us to your online portfolio. You can optionally provide up to three images with your submission, but this is not required.
Is my information kept private when I apply online?
The Sandbox will not release your information without your permission.
Can I submit assets that I’ve created for previous projects or games?
Yes, as long as you own the copyright of these assets and you have the full license rights to use them on other projects.
How much can I get in grants per asset?
The grant per asset can range from $10 to $1,000 depending on its scale and complexity.
How many assets can I submit?
Can I sell assets for which I’ve received a grant from the Creator Fund on other marketplaces?
Yes, you retain all rights and ownership of your Content and can sell them on other marketplaces. We will only request a nonexclusive permission to list the content on The Sandbox’s Marketplace.
How many total artists can be given grants under the Creator Fund?
Up to 1,000 artists can be given grants via the Creator Fund.
Do I lose the copyright for any assets for which I receive a grant?
Artists retain all rights and ownership of your Content. We do not claim any ownership rights to your Content.
What are the licensing rights for assets that I upload to The Sandbox?
When you upload Content to The Sandbox Marketplace, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, publicly display, distribute and adapt (so as to better showcase your Content, for example), publicly perform, and translate the Content as needed in response to user drive actions.
The goal of this fund is to help and train Artists to publish your voxel creations on the blockchain as non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and learn more about the benefits from blockchain technology. They want to help you create, share and sell your voxel creations on their platform.
from 25 Aug 2020 12:00(UTC+3)