Matic Build-n-Earn Program - DropsEarn
Matic Build-n-Earn Program

Matic Build-n-Earn Program

    Matic Build-n-Earn is an incentive program offering monthly recurring benefits, designed for developers and teams that need a reliable, predictable source of cash flow during DApp development and maintenance of the application lifecycle before they have reached the point of sustained growth. Build-n-Earn is available for any DApps at any stage of their lifecycle, provided they are building on Matic Network. The program is designed to enable developers to create the best possible version of their application.

    Reward pool
    $50,000 monthly
    Expected profit
    from $500
    Max participants
    DropsEarn score

  • Activity Type: Competition Development DAPP
  • Date: 15 Jul 2020 12:00(UTC+3) - 10 Aug 2020 12:00(UTC+3)
  • Registration: Closed
  • Event status: You can't participate (Event ended)
  • Links: Official Announcement
Go to event page

How To Participate:

  1. Register your DApp/game application built on Matic here
  2. Join Discord
    – Announcement Channel:
    – Discussion Channel:
  3. Follow our developer-focused Twitter handle: @matic_devs
  4. Here is the developer documentation for building on Matic:
  5. Details for deployments on the official Matic Network testnet and mainnet:
  6. The dates relating to the initial stages of Build-n-Earn are as follows:
    • 15th July: Build-n-Earn program announcement
    • 15th July – 10th August: Preparatory time for setting up registered Build-n-Earn DApps on the Matic testnet
    • 10th August (approximate, set date TBD): Deployments on the Matic mainnet
    • 15 days after deployment on the Matic mainnet: Gitcoin CLR voting 
    • 15 days after Gitcoin CLR voting process ends: expert reviewer analysis and final results for month 1 of the Matic Build-n-Earn program

Program Details

 Who is Eligible to Apply?

Build-n-Earn applies to any DApp that builds on Matic Network. If you have a DApp on Matic, or one currently on Ethereum or any other blockchain and want to make use of Matic’s high-performance, low-fee Layer 2 scalability infrastructure on Ethereum whilst maintaining the security and decentralization of the Ethereum mainchain, you are eligible to apply for the Matic Build-n-Earn program. 

Benefits of Joining the Matic Build-n-Earn Program

Every DApp is different and has its own requirements for success. Matic Build-n-Earn is designed to provide tailored assistance to help developers to build the best possible version of their DApps, no matter their niche or individual needs. Matic Build-n-Earn, therefore, provides DApps building on Matic with a range of funding, technical and marketing-related support based on their specific requirements.

Funding Allocation

Build-n-Earn allows developers to receive a monthly funding allocation, determined by a process of consensus between the Matic team and wider blockchain community, from a total pool of $50,000 per month provided by the Matic Foundation. 

The reward allocation process will consist of two parts:

1) Community voting with CLR Matching on Gitcoin
2) Expert review

The voting process will incorporate inputs from the wider community and developer community to decide the funding allocation for 30% of the total pool ($15,000), which will be purely determined by the community voting. The Matic team will evaluate the applicable DApps based on pre-decided criteria (see FAQs) to determine the allocation of the other 70% ($35,000) of the pool. 

To explain it in detail, for the community voting process, we are partnering with Gitcoin. They are the de-facto platform for open source bounties and a distribution platform for DApps. 30% of the funding per month, i.e. $15,000 for now, will be reserved by the Matic Foundation for the matching pool to fund the DApps eligible for the program via the Gitcoin Grants program. 

The remaining 70% of the monthly funding amount, as discussed above, will be reserved for the consideration for the reviewers assigned by the Matic team, who will rate products based on the parameters defined here. Read more about the rating of applicable DApps based on pre-decided criteria (see FAQs).

Technical Support

We assist DApps in the Matic Build-n-Earn program with dedicated technical support from the Matic Network team, and provide access to and assistance with the full range of developer tooling available for DApps building on Matic. Join the Matic developer Discord channel for more support relating to Build-n-Earn.

Valuable User Feedback

The response from end-users will ultimately determine the level of success of any DApp. Through the community-led Build-n-Earn voting process and exposure to the broader community, developers will receive detailed feedback from end-users, which is integral to creating a highly-marketable DApp.