Gitcoin Open DeFi Hackathon
Add to Watchlist
equal in USDT
equal in USDT
Normal, Low Risks
Focus areas for the hackathon are:
- Liquidity - NFTs+DeFi, New token primitives, asset wrapping
- Risk management - Insurance, security, oracles
- Innovation - Project integrations, L2/cross-chain DeFi, new asset and governance models
What’s Open DeFi?
- Their Mission - Open DeFi is a global initiative to develop the decentralized financial ecosystem and advance the collaboration of DeFi projects across borders and blockchains. Open DeFi is a member-led organization, established by Conflux Network and other founding members from the DeFi ecosystem. Open DeFi is comprised of 20+ active projects with deep expertise in DeFi applications, investing, eastern-western markets, algorithmic trading, protocol engineering, Web3.0 technologies, and smart contract innovations.
- Growing DeFi Adoption - Today the DeFi ecosystem is limited to the early adopters and innovators with a lack of sustainable liquidity that is essential for stable financial markets. The complexities of the applications running on decentralized networks are not standardized for security, and the community of users and investors are often siloed — using technologies and experiences built for specific networks, regions and languages, with few channels for exposure to global innovations.
- Connecting DeFi Markets - Open DeFi sets the ground for innovation and connects global DeFi markets. Through intensive programs, working groups and forums, the consortium of members collaborate to develop a massive DeFi market opportunity, envision new systems for managing risks in DeFi, and co-create cross-border DeFi opportunities and offerings.
Open DeFi is hosting their first hackathon, bringing together developer communities from our extensive member network to connect and grow the DeFi ecosystem. The event will run for 3 weeks and conclude with a summit & demo day.
3 May 2021 12:00(UTC+3) - 23 May 2021 12:00(UTC+3)