Gitcoin Hackthon: Hacking With XSGD on Zilliqa
Add to Watchlist
$200 - 3,000
Hard, Low Risks
Challenges & Prizes - Over $10k worth of prizes in $ZIL and $XSGD for the best of the best.
- The hackathon will take place online from Oct 19th to Nov 9th
- Teams and individuals can sign-up on Gitcoin starting today!
- $10K+ main prize pool (in ZIL & XSGD)
- Exclusive access to private discord channel for workshops and mentorship sessions
Prizes are 50% $ZIL tokens and 50% $XSGD (here expressed in $ equivalent):
- 1x $3K overall winner
- 5x $1K runner ups
- 10x $200 for following top 10 submissions
All projects should be built on Zilliqa and must utilise the XSGD-ZRC2 token. Selected projects will also gain the chance to join the ZILHive Grants programme.
Xfers is a Major Payment Institution (“MPI”) licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) for e-money issuance and StraitsX is pioneering the world’s first Travel Rule compliant ASEAN stablecoins, starting with XSGD, backed 1:1 with the Singapore Dollar (SGD).
StraitsX is committed to growing the decentralized ecosystem and we want you to be part of it from the beginning through this hackathon.
Zilliqa is the world's first sharded smart contract platform that is designed to scale while remaining fully decentralized. It has a total of 4 shards, each possessing 600 community validators, and the network can process up to thousands of transactions per second. Zilliqa also runs on a functional smart contract programming language, Scilla, that aims to eliminate bugs before run time and hence making the development process much faster and secure.
Zilliqa is committed to growing its developer/talent ecosystem through its ZILHive Education/Grants/Accelerator programmes, and we want you to take the first step in the ZILHive community by participating in this hackathon.
What to expect
Our three week hackathon will commence on October 19. A series of education videos will also be uploaded to YouTube a week prior to the hackathon start date, allowing participants to get up to speed with building on Zilliqa, integrating with XSGD and the ZRC2 standard and other possibilities. Do also check out dev.zilliqa.com to get a feel of how the development process on Zilliqa will look like before the hackathon kicks off.
Before the hackathon:
- If you're solo and looking to join a team, we help you identify and connect with other hackers.
- Come up with ideas! There will be plenty of bounties to work on but we'd love for you to get creative and come up with an exciting new project!
During the hackathon (21 days):
- You work on your hack!
- Access to Zilliqa and StraitsX team members on Discord.
- We will have regular office hours so that you can ask all your questions and feel supported throughout.
After the hackathon:
- We begin the judging process.
- You finalize and submit your hack and make your bounty submissions.
- You'll get to present your project in front of our judges.
- Win awesome bounties, prizes and a chance to join the ZILHive Grants programme.
- A panel of judges will assess your project. They will rate your project on a scale from 1-5 on the following criterias.
- Adherence to challenge (E.g. how well does it solve the proposed bounties)
- Practicality in the real world
- Originality and innovation
- Technicality of implementation
- Design and usability
- Calls to Action
If you’re a builder, hacker, designer you can...
- Sign up now!
- Join Discord channel!
Zilliqa excited to launch this hackathon in collaboration with Gitcoin! BUIDL with $XSGD-ZRC2 is StraitsX’s first Hackathon that is hosted in collaboration with Zilliqa, a high-performance, high-security blockchain platform. There are plenty of opportunities for everyone to participate, contribute and grow with the StraitsX<>Zilliqa ecosystem. Read on to discover how you can get involved!
19 Oct 2020 06:00(UTC+3) - 9 Nov 2020 18:00(UTC+3)