The hackathon will be held in participation with Gitcoin, that will administer the bounties, and team will also host an introductory workshop where team’ll give an overview of the New Golem. Further technical information, and a SDK, can be found here. The hackathon submissions will be aggregated to awesome-golem directory, social media, and Gitcoin’s social media, and in the future, featured in a website section.
Bounty tracks & prizes
Open Track Bounty - 4 x $5,000 USDC prizes
May the most compelling application win. The Open Track’s main rule is to build a great application on top of New Golem. Please note that the app has to be working to be considered for this bounty.
Best DeFi app - $3,000 USDC prize
If you’re into DeFi and distributed computing, team challenge you to build an app. Use Golem however you deem necessary, as long as the platform is included in your app’s architecture.
Golem for Social Good - $2,000 USDC prize
Team’d love for someone to build an app with a use-case that can help people. PoCs are accepted within this category.
Gaming on Golem - 2 x $2,000 USDC prizes
Come build your game on Golem
Hack New Golem - 4 x $1,000 USDC prizes
Have any ideas of cool add-ons or improvements for New Golem? Maybe a cool UI? A widget? Go for it, team will be stoked to see it.
- The hackathon starts on Dec 8th, 2020 and will end on January 5th, 2021
- Judging process will happen on January 6th and 7th - winners will be announced on January 8th.
- Community managers will reach out to participants and winners to ask to participate in developer surveys and interviews.
- Each participant has to register in order to be considered as part of a team.
- The projects presented have to be built and developed during the hackathon - while participants can develop their ideas prior to the hackathon, projects built before the hackathon will exclude the entire team.
- Golem will not own the projects. Projects will have open source licence and will be publicly available and accessible, by the judges and whomever might be interested, on Gitcoin.
- Final delivery will include:
- A video demo
- A presentation (can be either a PDF, a Google Slides, a ppt, etc) describing the project
- A working link to a Github repository containing the code, team members, presentations, demo and documentation
- Each project to be licensed using GPLv3 or a license that's compatible with it
- Innovation: what is the innovation that the application brings to the table?
- Added value: will the application bring actual added value to its users?
- Technical: does the code work?
- Completeness: incomplete applications will not be considered.
In addition, each track might have its own specific track judging criteria.
Eligibility - hackathon participants
- Participants can register as a team or as individual runners. Participants can either join other teams or work alone.
- It will be a fully-online event. Participants from everywhere are welcome to apply.
- A team must consist of a minimum of 1 person and up to 5 people.
- Participants have to be over the age of 18 years old by the day the hackathon ends.
- Employees, contractors, or officers of Golem Factory GmbH and its affiliates are not eligible for participation in the hackathon.
If you have any questions - please join on discord or comment on the Reddit thread.