Gearbox x Immunefi Bug Bounty Program
Add to Watchlist
Added to Watchlist
up to $150,000
up to $150,000 USDC
Normal, Low Risks
Gearbox is a generalized leverage protocol: it allows you to take leverage in one place and then use it across various DeFi protocols and platforms in a composable way. The protocol has two sides to it: passive liquidity providers who earn higher APY by providing liquidity; and active traders, farmers, or even other protocols who can borrow those assets to trade or farm with x4+ leverage.
The core vision is to become a backend composable leverage protocol that all kinds of users have but don’t even need to interact directly with any interface.
For more information about Gearbox, please visit: https://docs.gearbox.finance/
To see the dApp, please visit: https://app.gearbox.fi/accounts/.
About the Bug Bounty Program
This bug bounty program is focused on their smart contracts and is focused on preventing:
- Thefts and freezing of principal of any amount
- Thefts and freezing of unclaimed yield of any amount
- Unexpected sandwiching or manipulation of user trades
- Incorrect use of oracles or their malfunction
- Any Cream-style mathematic attack on the protocol work
- Theft of governance funds
Rewards by Threat Level
Rewards are distributed according to the impact of the vulnerability based on the Immunefi Vulnerability Severity Classification System. This is a simplified 5-level scale, with separate scales for websites/apps and smart contracts/blockchains, encompassing everything from consequence of exploitation to privilege required to likelihood of a successful exploit.
All Smart Contract bug reports require a PoC to be eligible for a reward. A suggestion for a fix is preferred but not compulsory for Low and Medium Smart Contract bug reports. Explanations and statements are not accepted as PoC and code is required.
Critical smart contract vulnerabilities are capped at 10% of economic damage, primarily taking into consideration funds at risk, but also PR and branding aspects, at the discretion of the team. However, there is a minimum reward of $50,000.
All vulnerabilities marked in the https://github.com/Gearbox-protocol/gearbox-contracts/issues are not eligible for a reward.
Payouts are handled by the Gearbox team directly and are denominated in USD. However, payouts are done in USDC.
Out of Scope & Rules
The following vulnerabilities are excluded from the rewards for this bug bounty program:
- Attacks that the reporter has already exploited themselves, leading to damage
- Attacks requiring access to leaked keys/credentials
- Attacks requiring access to privileged addresses (governance, strategist)
Smart Contracts and Blockchain
- Incorrect data supplied by third party oracles (Not to exclude oracle manipulation/flash loan attacks)
- Basic economic governance attacks (e.g. 51% attack)
- Lack of liquidity
- Best practice critiques
- Sybil attacks
- Centralization risks
The following activities are prohibited by this bug bounty program:
- Any testing with mainnet or public testnet contracts; all testing should be done on private testnets
- Any testing with pricing oracles or third party smart contracts
- Attempting phishing or other social engineering attacks against Gearbox employees and/or customers
- Any testing with third party systems and applications (e.g. browser extensions) as well as websites (e.g. SSO providers, advertising networks)
- Any denial of service attacks
- Automated testing of services that generates significant amounts of traffic
- Public disclosure of an unpatched vulnerability in an embargoed bounty
- Dev docs
- Mainnet dApp
- Kovan dApp
- Developer Docs
- Blog Medium
- Snapshot page
- Deployed Contracts
Gearbox Bug Bounty Program on Immunefi.
from 8 Feb 2022 00:00(UTC+3)