Encode & Dfinity European Hackathon
Add to Watchlist
$2,500 - 25,000
Normal, Low Risks
Don’t have experience building blockchain applications? Not to worry! Prior to the hackathon, there will be a series of online events throughout September to educate you about the Internet Computer, including AMAs, introductory presentations and informational sessions.
The theme of the hackathon is Reimagining the Internet.
You can register for the hackathon here. Registration is open until Sunday, October 3rd. Late registration is until Sunday, October 17th.
How it Works:
Under the theme of Reimagining the Internet, teams of 1–6 can work on their own idea or startup in one (or more!) of the following six tracks:
- Open Internet Services
- Social Good
There is an overall top prize pool of over $150,000 across many different challenges.
The prize pool as follows:
Grand Prize — up to $50,000 total
The winning entry receives:
- $25,000 as a Grand Prize (in fiat or USDC)
- Up to $25,000 in developer grant awards as part of the Internet Computer Developer Grant Program
Runner-Up Prizes — up to $12,500 total
- Five runner-up entries will receive $2,500 each (in USDC)
- Up to $25,000 each in developer grant awards as part of the Internet Computer Developer Grant Program
Who can enter?
The hackathon is aimed at students, developers and hackers based in Europe (minimally, at least one team member needs to be based in Europe). However, anyone can take part!
- Until September 12th: Early bird registration
- September 13th to October 3rd: Educational workshops & learning period
- October 4th to October 31st: Hackathon
- October 31st: Submission deadline
- November 1st to November 14th: Judging period
- Week of November 15th: Demo Day & Awards Ceremony
If you have any questions, please email: [email protected]
The first ever pan-European university hackathon in conjunction with the DFINITY Foundation, which will award a prize and grant funding pool of up to $150,000. In the course of this hackathon, you are challenged to build exciting decentralized applications and novel use cases using the Internet Computer.
4 Oct 2021 03:00(UTC+3) - 31 Oct 2021 03:00(UTC+3)