dYdX Chain Public Testnet 2
Add to Watchlist
Added to Watchlist
Normal, Low Risks
Public Testnet #2 Milestone 4 introduced the first public testnet of The dYdX Chain. This version of the testnet will be reset and relaunched with a wider set of features that more closely represent the final feature set for The dYdX Chain.
The new public testnet will include these key upgrades:
- The addition of 30+ markets – users can now trade a wide variety of markets in addition to BTC/ETH
- Rewards and vesting – users will earn testnet governance tokens (testnet_reward_token) as they trade. More UI enhancements regarding this feature will come later on during public testnet.
- Trading Fees – users will now be able to pay and view trading fees as well as the protocol fee schedule
- Dynamic margin requirements – this update enables support for liquidity tiers, which introduces varying types of margin requirements
Other, non user facing, upgrades include:
- Order Removal/Pruning – ensures orders that should be removed due to expiration or pruning are done so and synced with the indexer Spam Mitigation – this update prevents malicious spam attacks on validators
- Orderbook refinement – ensures that the orderbook in the full node and indexer are always in sync
- x/stats module – stores information to support fee tiers
- Oracle-accuracy improvements
- x/block-time – keeps track of the timestamp of the previous block and downtime information
As always, all work is open-source. Client packages are also now available: dydxjs V4-client dydxpy v4-client-py About dYdX Here at dYdX, the mission is to democratize access to financial opportunity. dYdX believes that v4 software will represent notable progress in service of that mission. The events in the global economy that have transpired over the last year have only reinforced the need for open, transparent, and permissionless financial products.
dYdX Chain has announced the launch of public testnet #2. The new testnet will unlock more features that traders know and love.
from 10 Aug 2023 03:00(UTC+3)