Bluzelle Developer Grant Program
Add to Watchlist
equal in BLZ
equal in BLZ
Normal, Low Risks
Tech companies are increasingly censoring communities and punishing wrongthink. The latest episode involved hedge fund-backed Discord, which banned a Reddit group (Wall Street Bets) that was behind the spike in GameStop’s share price. The closure of a self-moderated board, with its own policies and guidelines, sets a troubling precedent. The possibility that hedge funds planted people within the Wallstreetbets Discord in order to cause its shutdown - allegedly for “hate speech” - cannot be dismissed.
The ambition of blockchain technologies, and decentralized infrastructure products such as Bluzelle, is to increase transparency, enhance security and prevent censorship. To create products that live in perpetuity and cannot be shut down. Members of society are entirely capable of determining what they like and dislike, and do not need third parties to make decisions for them. Building censorship-resistant products empowers individuals to wrest back control from increasingly authoritarian technocrats.
With BluzelleDB, developers can be confident that their product cannot be shut down by any party — including Bluzelle itself.
The Bluzelle ecosystem currently comprises 1,889 developers on Discord, and the platform has partnered with 34 blockchain entities including Matic, Polkadot, and Elrond. Bluzelle also has over 10 community projects under its umbrella. The Bluzelle mainnet is scheduled to go live on February 3.
Bluzelle Developer Grant Program
The Bluzelle Developer Grant Program is created to support community members who would like to bring their creative visions to life through Bluzelle. Targeting blockchain and software developers, this program focuses on innovative use cases that will benefit from Bluzelle’s unique decentralized database. Participants are encouraged to propose their new ideas or work on our list of inspirations.
As a grant recipient, you enjoy these benefits:
- Receive grant funding from Bluzelle
- Access to technical advice, business expertise and mentorship from Bluzelle team and industry experts
- Leverage on Bluzelle’s worldwide partner networks for business collaboration
- Depending on the project, you can be the owner of the project, or share ownership with Bluzelle.
How To Apply
If you are interested, you can signup through this link with your proposal.
- Deadline for 1st wave of application: 28th February 2021
The general grant procedure is expected as follow:
- Signup with your proposal
- The team will review and discuss with grant candidate on the project proposal, timeline, deliverables and grant amount
- Final demo
- Grant awarded
List of Inspirations
- Censorship-resistant web hosting services (An API on top of the Bluzelle Libraries that allows push/pull updates to a website)
- Proof of Existence (A notary service or decentralized WikiLeak that stores information immutably)
- Virtual Voting (A P2P voting dApp)
- Alert Triggering System (A “consumer” triggering system where users can subscribe to event update of a blockchain)
- Dictionary (A crowd-sourced dictionary allowing public to search, read & edit)
- Chat App (A decentralized chat app that uses blockchain addresses as chat IDs and protects users’ privacy)
- Caching API (A high speed data cache to allow data to be retrieved in web apps super fast.)
- Blockchain Inbox (A communication tool between blockchain addresses, e.g. sending a text/email to a blockchain address)
- Games (Blockchain games that can demonstrate creative use of BluzelleDB)
- Visualizer (A visually-appealing dashboard of blockchain data e.g. nodes, peers, uptime etc)
- Permissioned KYC (A shared ledger that allows sharing of KYC information among different entities on a permissioned basis)
Powered by a Byzantine fault-tolerant cluster of blockchains customized specifically for database operations, Bluzelle is a decentralized database for Web3. Its advanced data delivery network promises to protect businesses from data breaches, network failures and performance troubles. Bluzelle effectively serves as an “Airbnb of databases,” with developers paying for storage space and read/write access to the decentralized database. Secure, tamper-proof, censorship-proof, and highly scalable, Bluzelle is in the process of developing data feeds and oracles for the next phase of its evolution to help bring about a faster and more secure internet.
Bluzelle is excited to launch first Developer Grant Program. Team has allocated $500,000 to support innovative use cases that can benefit from Bluzelle’s unique decentralized database. They are now accepting the first wave of applications that will focus largely on censorship-resistant applications.
from 2 Feb 2021 12:00(UTC+3)