Add to Watchlist
Normal, Low Risks
Althea's goal is to keep this testnet running through multiple upgrades and code changes, all the way through to the Althea Gravity Incentivized Testnet, which will be their last testnet before the launch of the Althea chain. Anyone is welcome to join at any time, simply follow the instructions here.
- lthea chain parameter selection
- Gravity bridge slashing
- Gravity bridge Orchestrator stability
- IBC testing with B-Harvest and Agoric
If you would like to join this testnet connect with them on the Althea Discord where you can request testnet tokens to stake or just play around with.
If you are looking to integrate against the Althea testnet you can use the public rpc
Testing results: Day 0
Validator set updates are messages that go from Cosmos -> Ethereum to synchronize the validator set in the Gravity Ethereum contract with the changing validator set.
The Gravity module on the Cosmos side of the bridge will automatically generate a new update every time the validator set power changes more than 1%.
In their small scale testing this worked perfectly. But as more than 25 validators joined the set validator set updates started being generated every block.
One of their testing goals for testnet1 is to check that Gravity slashing works. One of Gravity's slashing conditions is to slash a validator who has left a validator set update unsigned for more than 16 hours.
Since no one's orchestraor could keep up 16 hours after launch everyone was slashed and the chain halted.
This is obviously really valuable testing. Informing them of both implemetnation problems and a minor design issue.
- team have re-architected the validator set update signature system to handle up to 100 signatures per block. Allowing validators to easily catch up and keep up.
- team have tweaked the validator set generation condition not to produce spurious validator sets. This fix will need to be revisted in greater detail
Other fixes from day one
- Properly play back interleaved events in order: If a deposit and a withdraw occur in the same block they where not brought back to the Cosmos chain in the correct order by the oracle.
- Delegate Ethereum and Cosmos keys where not saved and loaded from the genesis file along with the rest of the Gravity state
- Handle a condtion where event nonces could get out of sync due to an improper state lookup
- Two or three obscure crashing condtions are now handled
Now that have these issues fixed team can move on to setting up niceties like a block explorer and web wallets.
Exciting things are coming to the Althea testnet in the next few weeks. Including the first Gravity tokens sent over IBC and the first Cosmos based asset to ever set foot on Ethereum.
- How to become a validator
- How to run a fullnode
- upgrading your validator
- Testing Gravity
- Testing large Gravity tx batches
Althea is a full service solution that enables anyone to easily build and manage a network. Focus on connecting your community, we'll take care of the technical details
- Plug-and-Play Routing requires less technical expertise. Just plug the antenna, aim, and you’re online!
- Agile Network Design allows you to build a dynamic network from hop-to-hop instead of large, expensive infrastructure.
- Automatic Billing. Built-in, flexible billing options and enforcement lets you focus on the things that matter, not bill collecting.
- Remote Management Tools and Expertise means a better running network. Our Network Operations Center is here to help you design, build, and maintain your network.
- Customer Management and Marketing. From demand aggregation, to a robust CRM, and tier 1 customer support, we have all the tools to promote and grow your network.
The Data You Need
Althea tracks revenue, payments, and system maintenance in easy to understand graphs and charts.
Althea Testnet mainly focuses around the Gravity bridge integration. Their goal is to run this testnet right up until the launch of the Althea chain.
from 13 Feb 2021 15:00(UTC+3)